Wat Thung Si Mueang (วัดทุ่งศรีเมือง) in Ubon Ratchathani was constructed during the reign of King Rama III (1824-1851) to house a replica of the Buddha’s footprint. On the walls are beautiful mural paintings depicting episodes from Buddhist literature and scenes of local every life. The most beautiful structure in the temple is the wooden Tripitaka Library (Ho Trai) that was designed to sit on the stilts in the middle of the pool to prevent the scriptures from being eaten by insects. The architecture is a mixture of Laos and Rattankosin styles. Next to the Tripitaka Library is the Ho Phra Buddha Bot and the Wihan (ordination hall).
Map showing location of Wat Thung Si Muang in Ubon Ratchathani:
GPS Coordinates: 15.230270, 104.861061